Base Camp 2021
RISING 9th-12th GRADERS
JUNE 13-18, 2021
What’s it all about?
Base Camp (rising 9th-12th graders) is a 6 day-5 night overnight summer camp designed to help young people grow through intentional discipleship, specialized Bible training, spiritual disciplines, hands-on ministry training, and learning how to share their faith!
What kind of activities* are offered?
- Swimming (Pool & Lake)
- Team Building
- Bible Teaching, Singing, and Devotions
- And more!
*Subject to change
Who’s it for? Rising 9th-12th Grade Boys & Girls
What is it? A 6 day-5 night overnight summer camp
When is it? June 13-18, 2021 (Registration Deadline – May 15, 2021)
What are you doing to keep campers safe during COVID?
The safety and wellbeing of our campers is a top priority for us, so the following general guidelines will be in place for all of this year’s summer camps:
- Continued adherence to local, state, and federal COVID safety guidelines and protocols
- Daily temperature and symptom checks of all campers, volunteers, and staff
- Reduced capacity site wide (including each dorm room)
- Keeping campers together in their cabin groups (cohorts) with dedicated staff and making sure they remain with the same cabin group throughout the day, every day
- Moving as many indoor activities outdoors as possible (eating, chapel, etc.) when weather/outdoor temperatures allow for a comfortable experience
- Dedicated quarantine/isolation rooms for anyone exhibiting COVID symptoms during an event and protocols in place for these guests to arrange for transport home
(For more details on our COVID health and safety protocols, click here.)
How big are cabin groups and how do you assign them?
With our reduced capacity guidelines in place this year, cabin group sizes will be in the 4-8 camper range with a minimum of 2 staff members assigned to each cabin group. As far as cabin group assignments, we consider both age/grade and roommate requests. Typically, a camper will be with other campers from the same grade.
What can you tell me about the staff?
We take the safety and care of your child very seriously. In addition to going through a comprehensive hiring process, summer staff members receive mandatory training in safety procedures, spiritual disciplines, and numerous other areas so that they are best equipped to care for and serve your child.
How will I know what to pack for my child, what time drop-off is, etc.?
Once you register, you’ll receive a “Preparing for Camp” document that will give you detailed info on what your child should bring to camp, what time to drop-off/pick-up your child, and everything else you’ll need to get your child ready for an amazing camp experience!
How much is it? $450/camper
- Sibling Discount – If you’re registering two or more children, you’ll receive a 10% Sibling Discount on the second and subsequent children’s registrations (least expensive applicant). It applies to each session for the second and subsequent children.
- Free YETI mug – If your child brings a friend to camp this summer, we’ll give you a free YETI travel coffee mug! (See online registration form for eligibility requirements.)
What kind of financial aid is available? A limited number of scholarships are available for qualifying applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. Deadline to apply for financial aid is April 30th, 2021. Click here for more details.