Financial Aid 2024
NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID
It is our desire that no child or family miss out on a camp experience at Hickory Cove because of financial circumstances. Hickory Cove financial aid is made possible every year through the generous donations of individuals and organizations to our 19:14 Scholarship Fund. We are thrilled to be able to provide need-based financial aid each year so children and families can experience camp and receive an opportunity to grow closer to God!
Although we try to meet the needs of all families who apply, financial aid is based upon availability of funds; therefore, financial aid will only be provided on a first-come, first-served basis for qualifying families. To ensure the maximum number of financial-aid-eligible children can attend camp:
- The maximum financial assistance is 80% of the session fee
- Financial assistance will only be provided for one session of summer camp per camper per summer season. (If the camper desires to attend additional summer camp sessions, the additional sessions must be paid for in full.)
- Financial assistance will only be provided for one Leaders-in-Training or Counselors-in-Training session per student per summer season. (If the student desires to attend additional sessions, the additional sessions must be paid for in full.)
- Application fees (and deposits if applicable) are required to be paid in full by respective deadlines. Note: application fees and deposits are non-refundable
The following is taken into consideration when determining if a family qualifies for financial aid assistance: income, household size, commitments fulfilled for previously approved Hickory Cove financial aid (if applicable), and individual circumstances. Helping us understand these circumstances will allow us to make a better decision regarding your request. NOTE: Your financial information will be kept confidential.
The financial aid application is to be filled out by the parent or guardian of the camper (unless camper is 18 or older) applying for assistance. The application fee for each camper is due during online checkout regardless of requesting financial assistance or not. If approved for financial aid, the due date for any remaining balance will be included in the applicant’s approval notification.
To process your request for financial aid, a copy of the first page of your current tax return is required to be submitted via the online financial aid application.
FINANCIAL AID DEADLINES
To process your request for financial aid, your financial aid application and a copy of the first page of your current tax return is required to be submitted by the following deadlines:
• Leaders-in-Training & Counselors-in-Training Program – April 1st
• Summer Camp & Family Weekend – April 15th
• Mother-Daughter Weekend & Lumberjack Weekend (Father-Son) – 6 weeks prior to session start date
Financial aid applicants will be notified of financial aid decisions and be responsible for any balance due by the following dates if all documentation is submitted on time:
• Leaders-in-Training & Counselors-in-Training – April 15th
• Summer Camp & Family Weekend – May 1st
• Mother-Daughter Weekend & Lumberjack Weekend (Father-Son) – 3 weeks prior to session start date
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a summer camp scholarship, click on the button below to select your camp, and simply fill out the financial aid form included during the online registration process.